COME JOIN OUR TEAM
Current positions available are listed below. We serve a wide variety of customers and many are long term. We are looking for people with character & skills so to serve our customers.
We’re looking to add another experienced technician to serve our current & growing customer base. CORPTEK is in search of an IT Technician/Installer. Depending on-call coverage needs and your demonstrated performance, this position will work between 32 and 40 hours pers week. Candidates must be able to work shifts that involve weekdays – Monday -Friday 9am – 5:30pm and some weekend days (on-call). This position is based in Cleveland, TN. Local travel to customers in surrounding markets (i.e. Chattanooga, Athens, Knoxville, etc.) will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As an IT Technician/Installer, you are responsible for receiving, documenting, and resolving software, hardware, and network issues reported by our customers via telephone, e-mail, chat and in person. This role will also be expected to fulfill installation projects.
- Provide Tier 1 phone support and service desk support.
- Provide Tier 3 and 4 on-site support.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults using established processes and procedures.
- Ability to terminate Data Cables, Punch Down Jacks, and terminate Fiber Optic Multi Mode and Single Mode as well as test cables and fiber for proper termination.
- Document workflow in a ticket management system. Maintain technical instructions for standard processes.
- Monitor alerts/messages from monitoring tools and acts to resolve and prevent IT infrastructure issues.
- Ability to install data cables, J-Hooks, data jacks, patch panels, cable management equipment, and mount cable tray on metal strut.
- Ability to crawl through attics and through floor crawlspaces to replace and/or install cabling and network equipment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of end-user tools.
- Be able to handle customer concerns and resolve any issue turning it into a positive experience for the customer.
- Effectively communicate with customers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints with often several projects at the same time – prioritizing what’s most urgent and critical.
- Ability to document work processes on our online tracking applications.
- Experienced in resolving issues with POTS lines, VoIP Phones, ATAs, TV connectivity, wireless routers, and network switches.
- Experience using Fluke Network Scanner, Klein Network Scanner, Fox and Hound, Data Traveler, Digital Multi-meter, Fiber Optic Light Meter, and other tools.
- Keep & maintain a clean, organized, and orderly work place and shared work space.
Preferred Previous Experience
- 3+ years of IT Help Desk / Desktop support experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience working with computer technology in a business environment required.
- Experience with data cable installation and termination required.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Windows Server OS & Network (LAN/WAN) troubleshooting experience.
- Skilled in Active Directory – MS Office 365, Azure.
- VPN setup and troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting customers with Outlook, Internet Access as well as diagnosing hardware problems.
- Imaging experience.
- Demonstrated experience with iPhone/Android support.
- Printer and/or Barcode system support experience.
- Two or four-year degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience in a Technical Support environment.
- Prior experience with supporting and troubleshooting web-based applications and installed applications.
- Familiarity with the setup and use of Microsoft Office 365, Office 2019 and Windows10 and other newer products preferred.
- Technical certifications, such as Security+, A+, Net+, must be familiar w/ command line and network command line, or other relevant certifications a plus.
- Must be willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
- Be willing to complete a background check.
- Reliable transportation. Good driving record and current automobile insurance.
- Demonstrated high responsibility and self-motivated skills.
- Goal-oriented with a growth-mindset.
- Ability to climb a ladder and do installs.
- Ability to work at heights over 20 feet.
- Ability to carry 50lbs or more.
- Ability to use power equipment such as drills & saws.
Exceptional people skills and character are essential to CORPTEK. Growth mind-set with a life-long learning approach to how you work is key to your success with us.
Characteristics of a great candidate include:
- Tech Savvy
- Integrity & Values Driven
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly
- Confident & Coachable
- Keen Observation & Reflective Listening Skills
- Problem Solver
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to work with a high-functioning team
- Sharing attitude – care to help others learn more and be more productive and effective with their technology
- Friendly & Fun
Previous leadership and/or volunteer leadership role experience is highly desired (especially in high school, college, community – not necessarily in a paid, job position)
30-day and 90-day reviews based on your training schedule and pay will adjust according to job performance.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour. In addition to the hourly wage, we offer Holiday pay, bonus and commissions. All are available for this role and eligible upon start date. This is important to consider and a real way to make more income in the role.
How to Apply:
email your resume to: email@example.com